Solar Mech Squad: A Solarpunk TTRPG
A downloadable game
You are part of the Solar Mech Squad, a group of ecologists and engineers who travel through space and find planets that were once ruined by their inhabitants to help return them to a livable state. Since the planets are often dangerous to begin with, you utilize a fleet of mechs that you can remotely control to send to the surface. Your goal is to work together through your mechs and get creative so you can meet all the requirements to set future inhabitants up in a sustainable community that will coexist with the planet this time instead of depleting it.
Choose a mech with special abilities to help your group complete all the habitat goals! Team up to earn bonus dice and handle world events ranging from storms to toxic waste to volcanic eruptions! Have fun and learn about sustainable community practices while building problem solving skills and teamwork!
Solar Mech Squad does require some reading and understanding of cause and effect, however the content is appropriate for all ages and there's no combat. This game is for 2-4 players plus an optional game guide.
As part of the TTRPG’s TEACH game jam, check here for some more details!
AGE RANGE that this game targets
- All-ages, 7+ if you want independent groups and reading
SUBJECT & SKILLS the game will help players learn
- Environmental and conservation facts
- Research and use information
- Tracking results for a report
- Cause and effect
- Creative storytelling
- Teamwork and compromise
NUMBER of students/players
- 2-4 players
PLAYTIME required for a full game
- 40-60 minutes (depends on how many rounds you want to run)
RULES are designed for easy, intuitive play
- GM-less (or optional leader) - the intention is for students or friends to be able to play independently in groups of up to 4 players
TOOLS that are needed
- No tools are needed. It is ideal to have the game printed and to have some 4-sided dice, but it can also be done by taking notes and using a dice roller app or numbered cards.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.